Friday, May 25, 2007

Getting used to the idea

We waited to tell everyone except immediate family that we are pregnant until we heard a heart beat. I heard it at 5 1/2 weeks but they said it wasn't as fast as they'd like it to be so I had to go in for another ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks to make sure it was in the normal range. At 6 1/2 weeks the heartbeat was at 128 beats per minute where at week 5 1/2 it was only 93 beats per minute. They like it to be above 120 - they said the heart had probably just started to beat and that was why it was slower at first.

Jordan hasn't been able to go with me to any of the ultrasounds that I've had so far. We are scheduled for one next week and he is coming with me so he'll get to see Baby Duggan for the first time live!!

So far I have not had any morning sickness. The only difference is that I wake up hungry - normally I wouldn't get hungry until around 10-11.

I will start to feel sick if I ignore being hungry - but as long as I eat a little something as soon as I feel hungry I am fine. I have noticed that I get tired easily - but really only if I've been running around all day and not taking some time to rest. The great thing about real estate is that if I need to sit or lay down for 10 minutes I can.

Jordan has started to get used to the idea that I'm not drinking anymore. :) He would go to get himself a beer or pour himself a glass of wine and ask me if I wanted one. About 3 seconds after he'd ask he would look at me, smile and say "Oh, oops, sorry you can't have one can you" At first I thought he was just teasing me but after he did it a few times I think he's just used to offering me whatever he's getting for himself.

I'll try to put up the pictures we have so far this weekend!

No comments: