Sunday, June 10, 2007

14 weeks

Things have been going pretty smoothly. I haven't had any morning sickness and I'm in my second trimester now so hopefully that means I won't get it at all.

I get hungry more frequently throughout the day but don't seem to eat a whole lot at one sitting.

I've had a few cravings and aversions to food. I seem to want cold & refreshing food. Ice cream, fruit, vegetables, cereal, cheese & of course pickles. I think we go through a jar of pickles in a week. ;)

Foods that are in dark heavy sauces - I can't eat. For some reason just thinking about eating it makes me want to gag. Not sure what that's all about - but I just try to avoid it! I've also lost my taste for coffee. I was allowing myself my morning cup - but around week 6 I would have one sip and it just didn't taste good to me. So I haven't had coffee in 2 months! Hope my taste for it comes back after the baby is born!

My sense of smell is definitely stronger. The smell of food does not bother me - but the trash and the cat boxes are horrible! I can smell the cat boxes from downstairs and in our bedroom. (we have them in the upstairs guest bath, right at the top of the stairs) Jordan is the one having to clean them - probably more frequently than he'd like b/c I can't stand the smell!

Hope you all have been enjoying reading the blog!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog! Even though we talk a couple times each week, there is still info on here we hadn't talked about. I need to print it out so 'papa' can read it too. It's so amazing how quickly they turn from looking like a cheerio to a real, live baby. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
Love you,
Mom
AKA: granny

Anonymous said...

Hey Stefanie!
It's fun to read (and see) all that you're going through! I think about you often and how each day must seem a little different than the one before as the babe grows into itself more and more. Very cool -- I'm really excited for you! You better be taking good notes to share with those of us who might need some tips should we find ourselves in a similar state! :)
Can't wait to see you this summer!
love, polly