Thursday, August 23, 2007

Baby Names

So Jordan an I have one name right now that we both like. Not sure it's going to be the name we end up going with as we both think we need to keep looking in case we find something better we like.

I found this really interesting site while looking for baby names. Social Security Administration! What a great place to look and see what names are popular right now. You can also go as far back as 1879 to see the top 1000 names for that birth year. You can also type in a name and it will tell you how it ranked and in what year. Here is the link: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/index.html

The name that Jordan & I like has not been in the top 1000 in the past 15 years. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :)

The baby likes the sound of Jordan's voice. We were trying to get her to move the other day and she was quite willing to move all around when he was talking to her. He leaves the room and she won't budge when I talk to her. Guess she hears my voice all day. So I'm hoping this behavior of not listening when mommy talks doesn't continue once she's actually here. :)

So, I'm 23 weeks along and have gained 15 pounds. My doctor said 15 is right on target for where I am considering my height & build. I've been holding steady at 15 pounds for about a month. He figures I'll gain a pound a week from here on out - putting me at about gaining 30 pounds total. Well, I haven't gained anything since I last saw him and my eating habits certainly haven't changed......

With one exception. When we were in NY my mom made egg salad sandwiches for us to take with us on the ride back to NC. Let's just say they are my new favorite thing to eat. I have at least two a week. Actually, I just finished cooking a few eggs and will be having one for lunch today!

My favorite foods right now are cereal, fruit, peanut butter & jelly & egg salad sandwiches, & peppridge farm oatmeal cookies. :) I honestly could care less if I ate anything else. Jordan on the other hand isn't so happy with those selections for dinner so I try to cook other food for him. It's kind of hard coming up with ideas for dinner when you really don't want to eat it. I try to have a few things he will like i.e. some sort of meat, starch & vegetable - then I've been sneaking in a fruit salad for me - and for dessert a peppridge farm cookie, with a glass of milk of course!!!

That's all for now, hope you all enjoy the rest of the summer!

2 comments:

Fleur said...

Oh, it's Gertrude! Aunt Gertie would be so pleased! (Her voice was on the tape Jim found!)

Fleur said...

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/decades/names1920s.html

Look how Popular Muriel and Walter were as names in the 20's! I never thought I'd see them both on that list! How interesting that the names come and go.

I note that in 1890, Anna was second, Gertrude was 24th, and Walter was 13th, Muriel was 270. Some of those names that seem unusual now were the most popular!

Fleur