Sunday, March 7, 2010

29 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


The funny thing is, I have been drinking milk like it's going out of style! Now I know why! :)

Everything else is going along just fine. I start seeing my doctor now every 2 weeks instead of every 4.

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 21 pounds - I thought I had gained more than I actually have!
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Two pillows behind my head and one between my knees. ;)
Best moment this week: Playing music for the baby
Movement: Lots of it - this baby is seriously going to play soccer or run track!
Food cravings: Milk
Gender: Girl
Name: A first name - a few middle name potentials
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Half & half ;)
What I miss: Wine, sushi & clear skin!
Weekly Wisdom: Exercise, you'll feel better!
Milestones: Having most of the baby's stuff ready

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: