Sunday, February 21, 2010

Third Trimester

This week marks my 28th week meaning I am officially in my third trimester. From now on I'll go from seeing my doctor every four weeks to every two weeks. Taking the glucose test is my next appointment and of course I'm hoping I pass! ;)

Yesterday we started getting our bedroom ready for when the baby comes. We were hoping to have sold our current house and moved into a 4 bedroom home before the baby arrived but with Jordan's job situation we decided to wait. For now we are working on making the space we have more comfortable. Our plan is to share our room with the baby until we move - which will hopefully be over the summer.

For the past two years our bedroom has been more than a bedroom. It's been my office for real estate, craft room for me and basically storage for any junk we have that we don't know where to put it! We took out two filing cabinets, two chairs, and a desk!! We moved the bed and are planning on taking out two tall dressers and replacing them with one short dresser so we can use the top of it as a changing table for the baby. Our bedroom is actually starting to look like...a bedroom!! We still need to get curtains as the light sort of shines right onto the bed now and have the carpets cleaned - then we can pull the baby stuff out.

I've already gone through Saryn's old baby clothes and there are a lot of things the new baby will be able to wear. For the most part we'll really only need to buy summer outfits for during the day since Saryn was born in the winter. We certainly have plenty of pajamas, blankets, & bibs!

A little info on my pregnancy thus far:

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain: 24 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Two pillows behind my head and one between my knees. ;)
Best moment this week: Listening to Saryn tell strangers that her sister is in mommy's tummy!
Movement: Lots of it - this baby is seriously going to play soccer or run track!
Food cravings: Sweets!
Gender: Girl
Name: A first name - no middle names yet
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Half & half ;)
What I miss: Drinking wine!
Weekly Wisdom: Talk less & listen more
Milestones: Finally in the 3rd trimester!

Have a good week!

No comments: