Saturday, July 14, 2007

Nesting?

So, I know I said that I wouldn't post until after we found out if we are having a boy or a girl but something kind of funny happened today that I thought I would share.

This is the first weekend in a long time that I do not have to work. I knew I wanted to do some cleaning and things around the house that have been neglected a bit.

I did some of the normal household things like laundry, vacuuming, mopping, changing the sheets etc. I did have Jordan help me flip our mattress over too.

Then for some reason I got the idea to clean out our master closet. I started going through my clothes and made a pile for Good Will. I then decided that our closet needed to be organized. I started moving items around and straightening shoes. I realized that we needed some organizational items for our closet - the shelves that have been in there for the past 6 years and have been fine until now - are just working anymore. :) I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought one shoe rack & one sweater/shoe rack combo - both that hang from the closet rod.

I set those up, put items in them, cleared our shelves & vacuumed the carpet in the closet. Closet looks great. I then move on to my dresser and go through all of those clothes and put another pile for Good Will. While I'm sitting on the floor with a dresser drawer in front of me I can see the bathroom cabinet. The next thing I need to organize of course. On to the cabinets underneath my sink in the master bath. Throwing out old medicine, make-up, lotions etc. Once my cabinet is nice and neat and I have quite a large pile of trash I realize that I can't leave the drawer messy so I start to clean that out as well.

As I was looking over to the bathtub thinking I needed to clean out a basket that has bath items in it, I realize what is going on. I started with the closet at 2:00 and it is now 8:00 (although to my defense that includes a trip to BB&B and to get a smoothie) I think to myself, what am I doing? I must look like a nut right now. I put down the items I had in my hand and walk into Jordan's office. I very simply say, "Hun, I think I'm nesting." He just looks over at me and smiles. (Of course all day he has been in the house with me so he's seen what I've been doing. I think he already knew but just let me do what I needed to do.)

Well, so now I know - I'm nesting. But that doesn't stop me. I of course have to finish what I've started in the bathroom - and that basket on the bathtub too. Once I finish - at about 8:45 I call it a day.

The rest of the house may be a mess but our closet & bathroom are neat as a pin!!!

Can you imagine how neat an organized our house would be if every weekend I didn't have to work!?!?

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of organization.... how about a visit while you're still nesting?

Fleur said...

Just don't start any painting! It's not good to breathe those fumes!