Saturday, October 13, 2007

Christmas Shopping in October?

Yes, I have to say I went Christmas shopping today. Many of you may start your shopping early every year - I on the other hand do not. Usually my shopping begins after Thanksgiving time so you could say I'm a bit of a procrastinator about it.



Unfortunately, I didn't get quite as much done as I wanted to. It's amazing to me at how quickly I get run down and tired. The muscles on the sides of my stomach have not been happy with me today. It's to the point now that I can barely move without some degree of discomfort. Which of course is completely my own fault for not listening to my body. Oh well. I'm drinking a cup of hot cider now and plan on relaxing the rest of the evening. :)



We have two baby showers coming up this month. Three of my girlfriends, Margaret, Kristine & Amy are hosting one on Sunday the 21st. Two close family friends Ann & Martha are hosting the other one on Saturday the 27th. I am looking forward to both of them as I haven't seen many of the people invited since the beginning of my pregnancy. Sorry guys, no men invited!!



I have to say I am so thankful that the weather has turned cooler. Most of the summer I wasn't pregnant enough to really have the heat bother me too much. Although, I did have a few episodes during the summer when I thought I was going to pass out. This only happened if I was outside in the heat & sun for an extended period of time. Twice it happened when I was out showing houses - how horrible would that have been if I passed out in front of clients!! The other time we were out at Falls Lake. I thought being in the shade would help - and it probably did but we were there for 4-5 hours.



The only downside of the cooler weather is that I have to go buy more maternity clothes. :) Motherhood Maternity has some nice things but they do not carry an extra small which is what I need in their tops. Most of their shirts are designed for women who have gotten wider on top - and I haven't. I've read that the baby can push up on the ribs which pushes them out making mom "thicker" so to speak. That hasn't happened to me yet so most of their tops have this extra material on the sides or in the front that just looks ridiculous.



There are higher end maternity stores that have extra small for tops but they are so expensive!! Maybe I'm cheap but I am certainly not spending over $50 for a maternity shirt that I can only wear for a few months! The best luck that I have had finding maternity clothing is at Super Target in Apex & Kohl's. Their stuff is comfortable & reasonably priced and I don't walk out with clothes that look like I'm wearing a muu-muu! (Please see picture of Homer Simpson to understand what I mean)




2 comments:

Fleur said...

Stef,
All the more reason to shop by internet, catalog, and other mail order possibilities. No footwork, no fatigue, open 24/7, lots of choices, and they do all the mailing for you too! What's not to like? Museum shop catalogs are especially nice and have a lot of things that are nicer than what you see in stores. I suggest the Building Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Smithsonian, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, and such. Good luck! (Besides, you have a bye (obvious excuse) this year anyway!) Fleur

Stefanie said...

Fleur,

I am doing some shopping online (I've already started that too!) I had a few things that I knew I wanted to get for people and I had to go stores to do that. Online shopping will be great for me this year so I don't have to stand in line at the post office for an hour with all these boxes!!