Tuesday, October 30, 2007

43 days left!

We have had 2 baby showers in the past week. I had a great time at both of them and feel very lucky to have so many people in our lives who are so generous and supportive as we get ready for our little one to arrive.

We were able to pick up the dresser for the baby on Saturday. I spent a good portion of Sunday going through bags & boxes of baby gifts that we have received from the 3 showers. I've started to put her things away and wash her blankets and newborn clothing. As I was going through everything I was amazed at everything we have received!! We have a room full of baby items and we've only bought 2 items on our own. I can't thank you enough for all of our wonderful gifts!

The next week we will be getting the nursery finished up as much as we can without the crib. Eventually I will post pictures of the before, during and after. I have a few things to order for her room but nothing that needs to be here before she arrives. On Sunday I made a run to Target to get newborn diapers (we didn't have any!) so we would have them at the house just in case she decides to come early.

This pregnancy is finally starting to take a toll on me. I'm sure many of you have been waiting for me to say that. :) I've had some ligament & muscle pain/cramping twice this week that pretty much lasts all day and I end up having to lay down to help relieve it (which didn't really help much). I did go to the doctor the first time I had it b/c I had not felt anything like that before and it scared me a bit. The doctor checked me over and said that it was just normal pregnancy pains for women this far along. Good news, but also bad as I certainly don't want this to continue for the next 6 weeks!

As soon as I have the pictures from both showers I will post them for you to see.

No comments: