Sunday, October 7, 2007

We've hit 30 weeks...10 weeks left!

It doesn't seem that I've been pregnant for that long. I can't believe she's going to be here in just 10 weeks (give or take a few).

We are still waiting for her furniture to come in. I am hoping that it will be here at the end of this month. We really haven't been able to do much else to get ready for her. Once her crib & dresser are here we'll be able to start putting things in their place. There really is no point of opening things we have so far until we have some place to put it.

90% of the time I still feel great. Over the past few weeks I've noticed that I tend to get tired more frequently. My back will hurt here and there - but not consistently.

She's still moving around quite a bit. Her movements seem more purposeful and controlled. She likes to stretch out on one side which has half of my stomach protruding out and the other half somewhat flat. That is certainly uncomfortable being a bit lopsided but fun to watch. It seems like she is most active at inopportune times. Like when I'm having my teeth cleaned at the dentist or waiting in the doctor's office. I'm sure no one else notices that my stomach is jumping all around but if I can see it I'm sure they could too if they looked!

The doctors said I would probably gain about 30 pounds based on my height and previous weight. I seem to be right on track with that - if I gain a pound a week for the rest of my pregnancy. Not sure if I will gain that much as my appetite has started to decrease over the last week.

Not until I was pregnant did I realize how big of an issue it is with women about how much weight is okay to gain during pregnancy. Most people tell me I am still pretty small for being 7 months pregnant. Although, I don't think Jordan thinks I'm small at this point. :) I have heard other women criticizing pregnant women who gain more than 20-25 pounds. My thoughts on this are that my doctor doesn't think I'm gaining too much weight for my height and build. I eat relatively healthy :) and exercise a few times a week. I gain what I gain and as long as the baby is healthy and getting what she needs I'm happy. Seems like our society is putting so much pressure on women about their weight - pregnant or not. It's just a number!! The baby is healthy and so am I - so what does it matter what the scale says? Just my two cents. ;)

I had my glucose test last week for gestational diabetes. If the test results came back showing levels too high they would call me to schedule another test. I haven't heard anything so I am assuming all is well. 24 hours before you take the test you are not supposed to have food that has sugar in it. This includes fruit, fruit juice, baked goods etc. I had such a hard time that day! I always eat fruit, yogurt, drink a glass of lemonade, and have 2 bowls of cereal every day. Almost everything I wanted to eat or drink I couldn't! Not even healthy cereal because it has raisins in it!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments: