Friday, October 26, 2007

Crib Fiasco

So, we order the crib and dresser 8 weeks ago. The company told us that it would take between 8-12 weeks for it to come in. I called this week to see how things were progressing. The dresser, mattress & toddler rails (it converts to a toddler bed) are in, the crib is not. The manager called the manufacturer to find out what the status of the crib was. They don't have it in stock and the crib will not be shipped until December 1st!! Which means it won't be here 7-10 business days after that! The manager told me that they have a crib and dresser in their stock room that we can get instead. If I wanted that set I would have picked that one to begin with!! So. We've decided to get what they have since the baby will be sleeping in a pack-n-play in our room for a little while anyways.

Here's the kicker: I asked how they could have not known that they didn't have it 8 weeks ago. The company who makes the crib has a factory in Chili that burnt down and they lost everything they had in stock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm-----I think I would try and wait as long as you are not going to use it at first---Just thought you may want some ideas----Love You-Gram

Fleur said...

I agree; just wait for the one you ordered in the first place. That way you won't feel like you are settling for anything. I'm sure you can make a temporary arrangement in the meantime, and your little girl will not know until she grows up and you tell her!

Anonymous said...

And I think that you are looking at your kittie----gram D